Thursday, 16 May 2013

Garnier 5 Second Perfect Blur Primer review


I have had this a couple of weeks now and promised a review, and I must say it's a big thumbs up from me.
Garnier 5 Second Perfect Blur Primer £12.99

The application is amazing, it's like a mousse type formula which blends in so effortlessly. You don't need a lot to cover your face if you do use too much it can feel slightly greasy, so use sparingly.
It claims to blur the appearance of shine which I don't personally have any of with having dry skin but it doesn't make my face look any drier which some primers can do. It just leaves a really nice smooth base.
It also claims to reduced the appearance of uneven skin tone, which it does to a degree, but if you've got a very uneven skin tone it won't even it out alone. The emphasis is definitely on" reduce" You could quite easily wear it alone if you've got good skin or even just with a BB cream. Perfect for summer.

I've tried quite a few primers in the past as my base make up is one of the most important things to me, especially as I've got older. One my favourite was Benefit porefessional but  this is a little too heavy for all over coverage so I tended to use the porefessional just where I needed it and a cheaper one elsewhere, which was double the expense.This one is half the price of porefessional and you also get 5ml more.
All in all it's a fantastic make up base definitely gives you that staying power for your foundation and it's also great for evening out pores and fine lines. Like I said an all round winner!!!! 
What's your favourite primer? Is this also a winner for you or a loser?

4 comments:

  1. I havn't tried a primer as I thought they might be a bit flat looking, but definitely will give this one a go! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give this a try, it's not that expensive either xx

      Delete
  2. I've been using also for a couple of weeks and now I know how to use it (was using too much at first thinking more would get me younger looking skin .. I was wrong!) - it's gorgeous - I shall be buying again

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I did exactly the same, less is definitely more xx

    ReplyDelete

So to all my lovely readers now and future, Thank you for taking the time to comment, I love reading them all xx