Tuesday, 18 June 2013

Anniversary weekend in the Cotswolds

This weekend we went away with our very good friends to the Cotswold to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. We had an absolutely fantastic time, we couldn't of wished for a nicer weekend!!!

We stayed in a beautiful little cottage called Gable Cottage  in Stow on the Wold.
It was so beautiful, I would highly recommend the cottage if anyone wants a weekend in the 
Cotswolds, it was an excellent base and SO pretty.


We spent an afternoon strolling around Bourton on the Water 
with its pretty stream running through the village. 
 Even the sun came out.



We also spent a morning mooching around the cute little shops in Stow in the Wold.
With a little light refreshment at Huffkins thrown in for good measure


Saturday evening we had a wonderful meal at Cutlers restaurant part of Number Four at Stow.
Very nice meal indeed. Another place I would highly recommend.




For a night cap we celebrated with champagne and strawberries


I've had the most amazing weekend with good friends, good food and an absolutely fantastic Husband, 
what more could a girl want!!!!!
feel so lucky


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness can't believe you were virtually on my doorstep!! Sounds as if you had a really lovely/romantic time....it is so pretty around there, but quite a different pace of life, which we all need sometimes! Happy anniversary too! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you x
    It is very beautiful, your very lucky to live around that area. I love the pace of life there it reminds me of being on holiday, we all rush around in life far too much!! xx

    ReplyDelete

So to all my lovely readers now and future, Thank you for taking the time to comment, I love reading them all xx