Thursday, 27 June 2013

Weight loss journey begins

Its only 5 weeks to go to my holiday now and I've decided I want to try and lose a couple of pounds before I go.  The reason is we are going to France and I know for a fact (judging from previous trips) that I will at least put a few pounds on. Due to all the amazing cheeses and fantastic wine!!! Some people have massive chocolate crushes, I have the same for cheese, my ultimate downfall!!!!

So I have decided that if I lose a couple of pounds I can have my little splurges and not come back the size of a small house.

I have started the nhs 5k to couch, the only thing is I’m NOT a jogger, I’m a little bit too top heavy and it makes me feel very uncomfortable and a little self conscious. So it’s very slow on the jogging front to be honest (which is also playing havoc on the knees....the joys of getting older!!!)

I've decided to follow the Miranda Harts diet which is basically “eat a little less, move a little more”.  I have dug out my bike and I plan on getting on it as much as possible as it’s a little less stressful on the old joints. I’m going to try and do some of the jogging but it may be a bit hit and miss, it’s definitely not my favourite thing, it's like marmite. It doesn't help living where I do with so many hills, they are everywhere!!!!

I find the older I get the harder it is for me to lose weight. I don’t want to lose a lot I’m never going to be a size 8 again I know that. And I’m not bothered about a bikini bod (very scary thought me in a bikini, I will stick to my tankini). It’s mainly about feeling good about myself.


So 5 weeks and counting, will do an update in the next couple of weeks sharing my progress (hopefully!!!)

No photos today I'm afraid, wobbly bits have gone into hiding....he....he....he

If anyone has any tips or advise it would be much appreciated



4 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment today dear! I really appreciated it! I wish you luck on your new diet plan! xx Pip

    Easy Outfits by Pip

    ReplyDelete
  2. My weakness is most definitely chocolate - but like a bit of cheese too! Don't talk about the old knees - can't kneel for 5 mins without them hurting when I get up! I do a lot of uphill walking at the gym but need to do more jogging - need to build up to it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel Jenny!!! the NHS couch to 5k is supposed to build you up slowly, its just taking a little longer with me xx

      Delete

So to all my lovely readers now and future, Thank you for taking the time to comment, I love reading them all xx