It was a little bit of a rush job to be honest as I needed to get it done as soon as possible as it was rather getting in the way. I was getting annoyed at looking at it....he....he....
This is what it originally looked like
This was what I did
First I gave it a mega sanding down, it had so much gloss paint on it.
Then I gave it a wash of watered down white paint to act as a primer.
After that I decided as it was going to get a lot of wear and tear that I would paint it with white satin gloss.
I wanted to keep the top plain as it gets a lot of wear and tear but I wanted to add a bit of interest to the cabinet. So off I popped to get a sample of paper from B & Q.
Once I put the paper on the drawers I gave them a couple of coats of matt varnish to protect it.
Last but not least I put on these white ceramic handles that I also got from B & Q at £1.98 each
Total cost was around £8.00
Next was the lamp
Lastly I painted it with a lilac match pot and put his plain cream shade on that I got for £4.00
Total cost for this project was £6.00 as I already had the white emulsion paint.