Monday, 1 July 2013

Liluu operation update

On Friday I had to take Liluu back to the vets to have her stitches out.

She was very good actually she never flinched at all when they took them out. They also took off the little plastic annoying collar that she's had on since the operation. She must of been so relieved to get that off, it would of really annoyed me wearing something like that for 10 whole days!!!! It made her hair on her head look so greasy and horrible, she's never looked like that before.

Whilst she was there they checked her heart again as when she went in for her pre op the vet said she had an irregular heartbeat, this of course worried me as they were going to put her to sleep. She came through it all fine but she checked her heart again Friday and she was still irregular. She asked if she was active at home and does she get out of breath, which she doesn't, she runs round like a nutter!!! She said unless she slows down or if we are at all worried she thinks we should have an ECG done on her. Well of course I'm worried now!!

The thing is she gets SO nervous when she goes to the vets she REALLY hates it, this could be making her heartbeat more irregular. Now I don't know what to do....do I keep my eye on her and see how she goes or do the ECG which would be irregular again as it will be at the vets and that makes her nervous.

Is just anxiety she has? 

Is it a common thing?

Has anyone had a any sort of similar problems with their pets? If so what was the outcome?




No comments:

Post a Comment

So to all my lovely readers now and future, Thank you for taking the time to comment, I love reading them all xx