Wednesday, 11 September 2013

Max Factor's Wild Mega Volume Mascara review

I bought this as it was on offer at £4.99 and thought it would be ideal to take on holiday.

Max Factor's Wild Mega Volume Mascara

It claims to " instantly blackens and plumps up the look of every lash thanks to its fearless Amplifier brush" It didn't do this for me. I have fairly crappy eyelashes, too fair and too short with no volume!! So whenever I see a "volume" mascara I give it a go. This one I didn't like.


Firstly it's the brush, its soft bristles which just don't seem to work with my pathetic lashes I just can't get any root lift with these brushes even after curling them. A stiff wand works a lot better on my lashes getting right to the root.


Secondly the shape I don't get the " hourglass design" that " specifically designed with a waist of shorter bristles to hold the formula; allowing it to be deposited onto the lash base instantly, for super quick volume building" this didn't work at all on my lashes, all it did was clump my lashes more together and make them look even more sparse. One thing it did actually do was slightly lengthen them still looked naff with them being clumped together.

So a basic summary is
Cons: -
No volume
Clumps lashes together
Brush shape
Bristle brush

Pros: -
Great black colour
Slightly lengthens


So as you can see form all the don'ts and didn'ts I'm not loving this mascara. I think I'm going to stick to my L'Oreal Million Lashes Excess mascara for now. If you like bristle brushes or have great lashes anyway and you just want to enhance them then maybe this mascara would work for you just fine. Unfortunately it just didn't rock my boat.







Follow my blog with Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like a crap product. LOL! You know, I seriously love my Loreal Voluminous in Carbon Black! I always go back to it and now finally just never try any new mascaras because all you are buying is the brush. Once you find the right mascara brush, you are all set! xx Pip
    http://easyoutfitsbypip.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your right Pip, 9 out of 10 times we always end up going back to our old faithfuls xx

      Delete
  2. I find that mascara never live up to their claims. I have been using Bobbi Brown for a while and at least it doesn't smudge.

    ReplyDelete

So to all my lovely readers now and future, Thank you for taking the time to comment, I love reading them all xx