Wednesday, 27 November 2013

My nail polish storage solution

I have been after some sort of storage solution for my nail polishes on for quite sometime now. I did have them all in a big box, randomly strewn in but it was a pain looking for certain colours and sometimes if I didn't put the lid on tight enough they would leak a little and go everywhere.
So this is the solution I have come up with


             I initially put them grouped into colours                   But then changed in into brands

I had to change them as I couldn't cope with them being different sizes etc it just looked so messy, the only advantage was I could see what colours I have.

Rimmel and Bourjois packaging mess slightly with my OCD head....he....he.... why do they have to have different styles of packaging? Think I may have to stick to Essie, Barry M and OPI neat packaging instead....he...he....

Anyway the shelves are made out of plastic angle strip from B & Q apparently its used to cover corners it was £3.38 for a 7 foot strip, I just used a hack saw to cut them to length them screw them in place. and hey presto. I'm quite please with the overall result, I just need to go shopping and get more polishes......







Follow my blog with Bloglovin


8 comments:

  1. Nice solution - I have to really think about what I*m going to do with mine that are currently spread all over the house - oops... Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Sharon I had a few stragglers, drives the Hubby potty...he....he.... xx

      Delete
  2. You'll not rest until you fill all the shelves will you Gail? ;) Great idea - mine are all within an old box which is starting to overfill! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wont Jenny...he...he.... just been out today and got a couple more...may need bigger solution if I carry on xx

      Delete
  3. Great solution! Mine are all in a massive drawer in my beauty room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo so jealous that you have a beauty room, I want one, just need the kids to move out first though...he....he....xx

      Delete
  4. Great idea - I keep mine in my Alex drawers at the moment, but can't see the colours like you say! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I no its a pain when they are in a box/draw, its nice to see them on display as collectively I bet some of you have a lot of money just hidden away, some polishes can be quite pricey xx

    ReplyDelete

So to all my lovely readers now and future, Thank you for taking the time to comment, I love reading them all xx