Tuesday, 17 December 2013

Rimmel Wake me up foundation review



I bought this Rimmel wake me up foundation a few weeks ago as I had heard so much about it and wanted to give it a go.
I usually use my ever faithful Estée Lauder resilience but as I'm nearing the end of the bottle I though I would try a high street brand as a stop gap so to speak. I have tried Bourjois healthy mix in the past and even though I quite liked it it didn't quite hit the spot for me.

I like a very light foundation as as many of you know I hate the feeling of anything heavy on my face be it foundation or creams. This foundation is slightly heavier than I like but I guess that's because it gives me more coverage than my Estée Lauder.
Once I get past the initial application and apply the rest of my make up its not too bad to be honest. I'm not saying its a really heavy foundation (far from it) its just heavier for me.

The application is lovely, its very creamy and leaves a gorgeous dewy finish, which was what initially what drew me to it.

I've applied it with a brush and a beauty sponge and both finishes were great. It is a lot more buildable than my Estée Lauder, great for when I need more that bit more coverage.
Its got great staying power too. I have wore this mainly when I need my make up to last with out too many touch ups, so perfect for nights out or long shopping trips (he...he...)

I wore it yesterday when I went shopping.


I have very dry skin so the dewy finish is great for me and it doesn't cling to any dry patches that occasionally flare up.

So to sum it up..... I think (for me) its one of the best high street foundation about at the moment.
I'm not keen on L'Oreal or Max factors foundation far to thick and heavy, and although I like Bourjois it just isn't quite dewy enough for me (I'm very fussy....he....he....)


I bought it in the shade Ivory and it is far too light for me so I will definitely be re-purchasing but in a darker shade so I can mix them and get my use out of it.











Follow my blog with Bloglovin

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely dewy finish, I'd really like to try this next time I need a new foundation :o). Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should definitely give it a go Charlotte its so cheap as well xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am most impressed by your review as I rarely use foundation because I can't bear to feel as you describe, also it can look very ageing on someone older whose lines are becoming quite deep, I must try this at some stage x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about the lines, Ive found a beauty sponge can help a little with this xx

      Delete
  4. I'm not a fan of heavy foundations either, I don't like the feel of it on my skin. But it looks great on you so I think I will give this one a go. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo I know I just hate that feeling especially when they are thick and dry xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks lovely on you Gail - your skin looks really fresh and dewy. I'll have to see if they do a shade for olive skin next time I'm in Boots. I currently have a couple of foundations on the go and am trying to use what I have before trying another one - let's see if I hold out! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny. I know what you mean I have so many bits and pieces of various make up/creams sitting around. I think one of my resolutions this year will be to use up all my bits and start a fresh xx

      Delete

So to all my lovely readers now and future, Thank you for taking the time to comment, I love reading them all xx