Wednesday, 4 December 2013

The Winter Tag

I was recently tagged by Andrea from Cous Cous & Cork Wedges to do the Winter tag and I thought what the heck I will give it a go.


The rules of the tag are:

Share 12 random facts about yourself.

Answer the 12 questions.

List 12 bloggers you wish to tag & pass the tag on by letting them know you've nominated them (unfortunately couldn't get hold of some of them)


It is a little long winded but here goes......

My 12 Random Facts:

1. I hate clutter, big time!!! makes me feel claustrophobic.

2. I'm SO scared of heights!!! always have been, I really struggle walking over bridges or even driving over them especially the ones in France. Why do they have to make them so big!!!


3. I'm addicted to Greek yogurt, just cant get enough of the damn stuff.

4. I watched both of my Granddaughters being born, its was the most amazing thing ever!!!

5. I've always wanted a motorbike but my Husband would never let me have one.

6. I love to cook.......anything, I love experimenting. I think Jamie Oliver's recipes are great too.

7. I'm a sucker for red wine especially a good Rioja.

8. I once met Kelly Jones out of the Stereophonics outside our Hotel in Nottingham, I froze like an idiot and couldn't speak, we didn't have any paper to get his autograph so he signed a £10 note for me. We had actually gone to Nottingham to watch them play. It was amazing.

9. I didn't learn how to drive until I was 27, I just loved to walk every where but as the kids got older and their social calendars grew and they needed to go places, Dads taxi turned into Moms taxi.

10. I'm a born and bred northern lass.

11. I cant stand the X Factor!!! and others alike!!!

12. I love watching films, the whole family do, we love nothing more than getting snowed in and having a film marathon.



And the questions:

1. What are your favourite things about winter?
Wearing scarfs everyday, wearing lots layers, cosy fires.


2. What is your favourite winter outfit?
Jumper, Jeggings, Boots and a gorgeous scarf


3. What is your favourite winter food?
Veggie Tater ash, crust and pickled red cabbage (Its the northern girl in me) reminds me of my childhood. Carb overload!!!!

4. What is your favourite winter drink?
Got to be mulled wine, it just screams winter!!


5. How do you like your make up in the winter?
I usually go darker on the eyes, using a lot more eyeliner.


6. What are you hoping Santa brings you?
To be honest I don't really want anything, all I wanted was a big family Christmas with everyone together and I've got that.


7. What is your favourite winter scent?
Anything with spiced berries in it or my usual favorite scent vanilla....I adore anything vanilla


8. What is your favourite winter memory?
Watching my old dog playing in the snow, he absolutely adored it. I miss him so much.


9. What is your dream way to spend a winters day?
A long ramble with the Hubby and the Dog, then lunch in a little country pub with a big glass of red sat by a roaring fire....bliss

10. What are the first 3 things that remind you of winter?
Scarfs, snow, dark nights.


11. What is your favourite winter song?
It would have to be White Christmas by Bing Crosby (my favorite Christmas film too)

12. Finish this sentence.....If I could have one Christmas wish it would be....
For my sons friend to get new kidneys as his are failing, he is practically living on dialysis and his baby boy is due in January.....life can be so horrible sometimes



Here are the 12 blogs that I've tagged:

1. Helen @ Net-a-dresser
2. Avril @ School Gate Style 
3. Anne @ Heart and soul 
4. Jane @ The Small Fabrics Of My Life
5. Catherine @ Not Dressed As Lamb 
6. Charlotte @ Makeup by Candlelight 
7. Wendy @ Simply Sassy Style 
8. Fiona @ Avenue 57 
9. Louise @ Lou Loves Beauty 
10. Kat @ Does my bum look 40 in this 
11. Jenny @ Red Head Beauty Diaries 
12. Sharron @ Style at every age  



Sorry it was so long











Follow my blog with Bloglovin

12 comments:

  1. Hi there! I enjoyed reading these facts and I'm so with you on X Factor too! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for continuing the tag Gail! It was so lovely reading your version! I'm so sorry to hear about your friends son & I truly hope & pray he gets a donor asap so he can enjoy his baby & the New Year! Ax

    ReplyDelete
  3. My pleasure Andrea :)
    I hope he does too it is such a shame xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for tagging me Gail! I'm really sorry I don't have time to pass this on, but I'll answer a few of the questions here:

    My fave Xmas song is "I believe in Father Christmas" by Greg Lake; my Xmas wish would be to have all my family home EVERY year (my sister and her family live in Australia); fave winter drink is Baileys, and my fave winter outfit is anything with a statement coat - leopard, bright colour, faux fur - I love all of them!

    Apologies again for being so rubbish, but thank you again!!

    Catherine x
    NotDressedAsLamb.com

    P.S. I'm with you on the heights thing, and I send your son's friend all the best wishes in the world - it would be a wonderful Xmas if good things were to happen for him and his family <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its no problem, thanks for answering a few of them. You should try go out to Australia for Christmas one year...barby on the beach, you could surprise you sister, what a fantastic Christmas present.
      I will pass on the best wishes
      Thank you xx

      Delete
  5. Hi Gail...thanks so much for tagging me and sending an email. I am way behind on the blogging front as my mum had an operation this week. I really hope your son's friend can get a donor soon.
    ~Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's absolutely no rush Anne. I hope your Mum feels better soon xx

      Delete
  6. Great to get to know you a bit better.
    Many of your answers are similar to what mine would have been - especially the Rioja and log fire.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's because great minds think alike....he....he.... xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for tagging me - here's my modified version: http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/the-winter-tag.html Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for giving it a go, it was very long winded
      I will go and check it out now xx

      Delete

So to all my lovely readers now and future, Thank you for taking the time to comment, I love reading them all xx