Monday, 27 January 2014

Me & My Hair

I thought I would do a little post on how I do my hair
Here goes.......


First off my hair is very thick and dry with quite a bit of curl in it now, the older I get the curlier it gets.
These are the products I use every time I do my hair, I just love them they suit my hair so much.
  1. John Freida brilliant brunette shampoo and conditioner, these make my hair shine so much.
  2. Dove Hair Nourishing Oil Care Leave-In Spray, this helps to keep my dry hair more tame.
  3. TRESemme Liquid Gold Argan Oil Infused Perfecting Hair Treatment, I don't like any other TRESemme products apart from this one, I use it on the ends of my hair to nourish them as these are what suffer first.
  4. Got2b guardian angel , OMG I adore the smell of this stuff, its a great little heat protectant it doesn't leave my hair sticky like a lot of them do.
I also used this, I actually bought it for my Mother as she has very fine hair, but I thought I would give it a quick go before I use it on her ....he....he...


I just used a little around my crown just to try and give it a little volume. I cant say that it made that much difference to be honest, its probably because my layers are long so the weight of them weigh my crown down.



This is what I do: -
  1. This is my frizzy bouffant after is washed and dried. I have to use a brush on the front section as I have a very annoying kink in my fringe.
  2. I use the BaByliss Glamour Styling Tong, I love this tong its got a 38mm barrel and it doesn't take long to curl at all.
  3. I start by roughly parting my hair at the back and I use a clip to hold it apart.
  4. Then starting at the back I start to curl random pieces working my way towards the front.
  5. I start to curl from the center leaving the ends out and I just add these before I release the barrel. I also change the direction of the curl occasionally so they're not all going the same way.
  6. I then do the exact same on the other side.




  1. This what the back looks like when I've done both sides. I than spray it with a touch of light hairspray to help hold the curl and I leave it to cool.
  2. After 10 minutes or so I then run my fingers gently through the underneath to gently break up the curl.


This what it looks like when finished.


  1. The back
  2. And obviously the front....he.....he.....

I love my hair like this the curls last all day.
Hope you enjoyed reading this (sort of) tutorial, I enjoyed making it.




Linking up with these fabulous ladies: - More pieces of meon the daily expressbecause shanna said so






Follow my blog with Bloglovin

14 comments:

  1. Hey Gail, I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! All the information is in this blog post: http://vintagebeauty100.blogspot.co.uk/ Good luck & have fun doing it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lori, Thank you ever so much for thinking of me I will go and check it out :) xx

      Delete
  2. Looks fab, I need that Tong in my life, my hair is awful, I would have a blow dry every week if I could. I also have thick hair which is massive if dried naturally and even bigger if I blow dry it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharron. Its great at calming my hair down so I'm sure it would be great for yours xx

      Delete
  3. I did enjoy reading this (sort of) tutorial Gail! You are so lucky to have such gorgeous thick hair - I would love a head of hair like that! I love the loosely curled look but unfortunately I don't have enough hair to pull it off in quite the same way! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wouldn't be as curly on yours but it would add a lot of volume xx

      Delete
  4. Oh, you have beautiful hair, it looks so healthy, well treated and shiny!
    I just recently bought a big curling iron and it is so much better than my old thinner one. Just have to get used to it and your tutorial is great.
    Off to the drugstore for your recommended John Frieda products this afternoon :-)

    Annette | Lady of Style
    2x60€ Valentine's Legwear Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annette, I hope love the John Frieda as much as I do, its great stuff xx

      Delete
  5. Your hair looks great, I wish my hair would stay curled when I do curl it. I'll have to try your method!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa x
      Make sure you give a blast of hair spray but more importantly make sure it cools down xx

      Delete
  6. Holy wow! Your hair looks amazing and shiny and perfect! Thanks for the tips on the products! And for linking up!
    morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I so wish I could make my hair look like that! I also think you guys have different products from got2be on the other side of the pond. I've seen some Hungarian bloggers talk about products from that line that I never see in the US. Thanks so much for sharing your favorites with Manic Monday! -Gina
    On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gina xx
      I've had a look and you can get it over in the US its just different packaging
      Here's the the link if you want to take a look

      http://www.got2b.us/got2b/us/en/home/productfinder/guardian-angel.html

      Delete

So to all my lovely readers now and future, Thank you for taking the time to comment, I love reading them all xx