Monday, 6 January 2014

New year.....new goals.....


I'm not a lover of new year resolutions, 99% of them fall at the first hurdle with me. Plus I don't like doing all that "giving up" malarkey it never works! your brain craves it even more if you tell yourself you can have it so you set yourself up for a fall immediately.
Instead I like to set myself a few realistic (well most of them) goals.
These are the ones I'm going for this year..............

  1. Try and eat a salad everyday! This shouldn't prove to hard as I ADORE salad, at the moment I would say I eat one at least every other day.
  2. After over indulging far to much this Christmas I could do with losing a little weight so my aim is try and lose a few pounds. I am starting today with a totally detox day to clear out my system and give my metabolism a kick start. I know this is probably on everyone's list every year but I've got to keep giving it a go.....he....he.....
  3. Try and do more OOTD I am SO rubbish at them, I always think about it way later in the day when I'm looking a bit worse for wear.
  4. Wash my make up brushes more regularly, I really don't wash them as often as I should.
  5. Give blood more often, I've skipped a couple the last couple of years.
  6. Give more to charity.......first stop wardrobe clear out!!

So that's about it for my goals, I know they aren't much in the way of goals (quite pathetic really) but we all have to start somewhere....he....he....


What are your goals/resolutions this year?






Follow my blog with Bloglovin

12 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you, why should "goals" be something that limits you? They should be positive and encouraging and something actually makes you happy to achieve... I also promise to be better at looking after my makeup brushes, we can keep each other right :o). Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good goals,my list would be much the same! Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year!
    ~Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really good ones as you have a chance of achieving them! mine are always way to optimistic, so by the second week of Jan I have given up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Ive done that many a year and get so dishearted when I fail at them, so I thought I would be more realistic this year xx

      Delete
  4. Well done on your list, I haven't made one but I should. Hope the detox went well xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It went well apart from missing my cups of tea, I enjoyed it SO much this morning though xx

      Delete
  5. I think your goals are just right and they are achievable. It's easy to make fancy resolutions but then give up two weeks in like I have done in the past. I could do with losing some weight and eating more salads too. Thanks for the reminder xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the weight goal is going to be my biggest challenge xx

      Delete
  6. I think they are perfect & personal to you! I've made a few & haven't achieved some of them yet but I will! <3 Ax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will, there's no rush we've got all year :) xx

      Delete

So to all my lovely readers now and future, Thank you for taking the time to comment, I love reading them all xx