Monday, 10 March 2014

Need a little help from my friends.......

Sorry I've been away so long its not been a very nice couple of weeks at all.
As many of you know from my previous posts my Daughters best friend died two weeks ago. It has been so hard for her, so all my time has been spent supporting her and helping her out with the children. Unfortunately we are still no closer to the food poisoning issue, still waiting on results etc. The funeral is next Monday so hopefully after then she can start trying to move on instead of living in limbo.

With all that's been going on its made me look at life and I've decided that after doing my nieces wedding flowers the other week, I want to set up my own business as a wedding flower designer. I've been toying with the idea for over 12 months now, it started last year after I did a friends wedding flowers, doing my niece's has just re-lit my passion.





So  I am now turning to you guys for a little help

I need a name.....do I stick with my real name eg Joe Blogs Floral Designer, or something else?????
I have also toyed with using Fabulousso somehow, possibly Fabulousso Flowers or something along those lines.
I would very much appreciate any suggestions you can give, the more the better.


Hope you can help guys




Linking up with these fabulous ladies: - More Pieces of MeOn the Daily Express


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

16 comments:

  1. It's not surprising you have been off-line, I hope she is bearing up.
    From a google search perspective, if you link the name to your blog you will get the number one ranking, but you should change your blog name to reflect the company name. It would also help to use your location so 'Fabulousso wedding flowers Birmingham' (not sure where you are) would mean that if people search 'wedding flowers birmingham', as long as you are regularly blogging, you will be the number one listing, it's basically what search optimisation is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alexandra for your advice, I dont really want to change my blog name but I would like to have a blog linked to a new website I would set up xx

      Delete
  2. So sorry to hear about your loss.
    I do like classy/elegant names for flower shops rather than a person's name - unless they have a particularlry fragrant name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you x It wouldnt actually be a shop, I was planning on starting up from home initially as I would be visiting the brides in their own homes xx

      Delete
  3. I am so sorry to hear about your daughters best friend....what a terrible tragedy. It somehow seems so much more painful when it is someone young. My thoughts go out to you all. What a lovely idea to do something you are clearly very talented at, and make some money from it! I love the name Fabulousso Flowers........it sounds great! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does Helen, thank you x I quite like fabulousso flowers too but would it appeal to brides? does it sound weddingy enough? xx

      Delete
  4. So sorry to hear this Gail.
    Fabulousso would be great in the title - look forward to hearing what you decide on! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, I'm so sorry you had to take a blogging break due to such a tragic loss. I'm glad you renewed your passion for flowers though! I'm totally at a loss for bridal flower business names, though...eek. Maybe google flower shop names in other towns/countries to get some ideas? Good luck! -Gina
    On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending my condolences to your daughter and everyone else affected by her friend's death. How awful :( That's exciting though to hear about the flower business. I am so bad at coming up with names, but I'll keep you in mind in case something profound hits me! Good luck and can't wait to see how this progresses! And thank you for sharing with manic monday!
    Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe "Gail's Flower design" ? that would be nice for name, don't you think? by the way you have wonderful blog and great post, I hope we can follow each other, if you decided to follow me on BLOGLOVIN, please let me know so I can follow you back. xoxo

    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Joice I shall go and chaeck your blog out too. Great suggestion too xx

      Delete
  8. Your daughter must be devastated Gail! I'm so sorry for you all. How about Fabulousso Fleur Designs?! I used to own a florists & loved it! Hard work but so rewarding! Best of luck Darl! Ax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is totally devasted, I went with her today while she went to see him, it was so sad.
      Great suggestion Andrea, I owned one too it was very hard work especially at the busy periods
      Thanks again Andrea xx

      Delete

So to all my lovely readers now and future, Thank you for taking the time to comment, I love reading them all xx