Wednesday, 16 April 2014

The very lovely Joe Browns




I was recently contacted by a very lovely lady from Joe Browns 
to see if I would try an item free from there S/S 14 range. 
Of course I said yes.

Joe Browns is a UK based distinctive clothing company with was founded in 1998 by Simon Brown. It started out predominately as a mail order business but can now be found also in Debenhams along with Very.co.uk, littlewoods.com and simplybe.co.uk. I remember many a time thumbing through one of their catalogues when my kids were little and even ordering a couple of items back then. If I'm honest I thought they had just disappeared of the face of the earth after not seeing there little catalogues for many a year. So it was a bit of a blast from the past when they contacted me and asked if I was interested.


Anyway on to the item I chose, this was a bit of a struggle, as many of you know I'm a bit of a floral freak and they have got some truly beautiful floral dresses. 


 These were the other contenders that I was stuck between

1. Enlighten Dress * £44.95
2. Secret Garden Dress £49.95 
3. Sugar Loaf Mountain Dress £49.95

As it was all about my height as you know I'm only 5ft 4inches, I fell in love with the print on the Secret garden dress but was worried it would be too long on me. It was so hard to choose but the lovely Kirsty at Joe Browns was a great help in the deciding round.

In the end I opted for the very pretty lace Enlighten Dress * as I haven't anything like it in my wardrobe at the moment and I thought it could so easily be dressed up or down



I have done 3 looks with this dress 



Look 1, dressed up

This would be perfect for a wedding or a day at the races. I love the colour of this dress its like a really pale mink/beige colour and the lace fabric is gorgeous. It would look even better with a tan instead of my washed out legs!! The only thing I'm not keen on is the lining, it need to be thicker material as its slightly see through. Its a shame about the lining as I feel this cheapens the appearance of the dress slightly. I teemed it with black accessories as I love the mink/beige and black combo, but you could literally put any colour what so ever with it just like a little black dress.





Look 2, In between version
 This is my favorite, teemed with tights and boots, but you could quite easily put it with flats of or a leather jacket.




Look 3, Casual

This would also be a great dress to take on holiday for day trips out or dressed up on the evening.



Its such a versatile dress, I'm so glad I picked it I think this will definitely be getting a lot days out from my wardrobe in all seasons. I will certainly be keeping an eye on Joe Browns collections from now on.



If you want to go and check them out you can here 
or click on the image below







 Linking up with these fabulous ladies: - Style ElixirThe Fashion CanvasWalkingin Memphis in high heelsLife with EmilyMore Pieces of meOn the Daily ExpressVodka infused lemonadePerfectly CouturedEveryday fashion & FinanceRachel the HatLena B ActuallyA Lovely Little WardrobeLook by Liz LewisSomething Gold, Something Blue



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous dress - such a wonderful pattern and material - you look fantastic :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlotte, the material is really lovely xx

      Delete
  2. Very cute dress. Suits you perfectly hun.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Joe Browns. Their skater dresses are the perfect fit for my body shape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in love with skater style dresses at the moment xx

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous dress Gail - love the colour and fabric! Looks great on you all three ways but my favourite is the same as yours - with the black tights and boots! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jenny,I will certainly be wearing this through winter aswell xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great dress and I love how you've styled it. Off to check out the JB site! Happy Easter! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Avril, Happy Easter to you to, enjoy xx

      Delete
  7. I love lace dresses so I fell in love with this as soon as I saw it. I like how you have styled it three ways. Very versatile for all seasons. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I choose because I didn't have a much lace in my wardrobe and I just love it xx

      Delete
  8. All of the looks are so pretty! I love all of your jewelry. You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a lovely dress: good choice! I'd actually forgotten about Joe Brown's too- will have to go and have a look at the site now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its such a gorgeous dress Gail & would be fab with ankle boots in the Spring/Autumn too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah it would, it would go with pretty much anything xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow! you look absolutely gorgeous in this outfit!

    ReplyDelete

So to all my lovely readers now and future, Thank you for taking the time to comment, I love reading them all xx