Wednesday, 14 May 2014

Wye not!


This weekend we spent a lovely weekend in the Wye valley in a little place called Offa's cottage
just outside St Briavels


(Sorry this post is very photo heavy, I couldn't help it, it such a beautiful place)



The cottage was beautiful both inside and out


We even had a yummy welcome


Who could refuse :)


We decided to go out for a ramble just after to try and burn off some of the calories

They're are so many walks in and around this area
I'm so glad I got to see my bluebells, I just adore them, the smell was absolutely magnificent







Saturday the weather was ....... shall we say typically English!!
We didn't actually venture very far, mainly to a pub for lunch 

Sunday the weather was a little better so we went for a little walk along the river Wye






We both had a fantastic weekend
Even the dog loved it











Follow my blog with Bloglovin

14 comments:

  1. That cottage looks stunning Gail and I love all your beautiful photos! Delighted you had a great weekend!
    ~Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it was Anne
    Hope you had a good weekend too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos, it's look very romantic and relaxing :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very relaxing, so quiet, such a change from home :) xx

      Delete
  4. Oh that looks so perfect! The photos are lovely & what a welcome....I'd of tucked in for sure! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its one of the first things we did lol xx

      Delete
  5. Looks gorgeous Gail - very pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, it would be gorgeous there in the summer xx

      Delete
  6. It looks so perfect, your photo's so do it justice! A weekend away just recharges the batteries enough, to bring you back to stress-less-ness!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. We both needed the break, especially the Hubby. It was great as there was no signal at all on our phones so they didn't ring once :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks so surreal and peaceful! The cottage is darling, and I'm a bit jealous! Thanks for sharing!
    Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a picturesque place. I don't think I could resist those treats either.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete

So to all my lovely readers now and future, Thank you for taking the time to comment, I love reading them all xx