Wednesday, 9 July 2014

Back from my adventure


We had such an amazing holiday.
I've never done an adventure type holiday before, to be honest it has never really appealed to me but how wrong I was..........I loved it, such an adrenaline rush (for me anyway :) )

The weather was pretty good to say it was North Wales, it didn't rain until Thursday
We stayed at our ever faithful Capel Maentwrog


We got there on the Saturday, our friends came down to spend the weekend with us so off out for lunch down the local pub.





Sunday was lovely weather so we went for a walk along Harlech beach before lunch


Then we sat outside after lunch with a few more liquid refreshments :)





Monday brought the dreaded White water rafting!!!
This was what I was scared of the most, I'm not a massive fan of water 
I've got a bit of a fear of drowning.


Obviously that wasn't us as it wasn't possible to get a photo of us as all
as our belonging were locked away.
I was terrified as we were took up for our first run (we had four in total)
But I must say after the first run I loved it, my adrenaline was on overload.
We got so wet and laughed so much, it was such great fun
Definitely want to do it again!!
I never in a million years thought I would ever say that!!!!




Tuesday was another beach day as the weather was good again


The dog loved it, she got so wet

Black rock sands, lovely massive beach with caves at one end



And of course an Ice cream man .....he......he.....




Wednesday we attempted Mount Snowdon


We only actually got half way, this for me was more scary than the rafting 
because of my fear of heights.


We got to the half way shack and then turned around.
Later we watched a few of the climbs on you tube and I'm so glad we turned back, I really couldn't of done them!!!



Thursday was Mountain biking 

Unfortunately I don't have any photos of this day
It was a great day even though it rained first thing, it just made it more fun going through the puddles.
We did get rather muddy......he....he.....
I would most definitely do this again it was amazing and I only fell off once...he...he.....



Friday was chill day plus it rained all day long which we weren't bothered about as by this time I was done in. I was a little shall we say saddle sore :)





So that was about it for our adventure week
It was so nice spending a whole week with my family
Cant wait to do it again :)





6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was, the only thing is I need another holiday to get over that one :) xx

      Delete
  2. Ohh looks like you had a great time! I had a weekend in Anglesey recently and loved it - such a beautiful part of the country! x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never actually been to Anglesey before I've heard its got some beautiful beaches though xx

      Delete
  3. Hi there!! Wow sounds like a really fun time and you were a brave lady too, hehe!! So pleased you had a great holiday xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont know about brave.....I would more probably say mad lol xx

      Delete

So to all my lovely readers now and future, Thank you for taking the time to comment, I love reading them all xx