Wednesday, 23 July 2014

Recent disappointing products



I really don't like this product. I bought it as I have tried some of the Eucerin range before and loved them all.....except this one. First of all its the consistency is too thin for me, I prefer a slightly thicker cream, this is very watery, really they should change its name from cream to fluid. Second is the smell it doesn't have a scent as such it just reeks of alcohol, not very nice at all. And thirdly its the fact it has no SPF in it I know a lot of day creams don't but I prefer them with.





A pre-cleanser, I've never tried one before so I thought I would give this a try. All I can say is its not for me, I really didn't like how it left my face feeling, maybe I was using it wrong. So instead I use it as a leave on night treatment twice a week, which works perfectly for me as I have very dry skin. 
It leaves my skin feeling amazing in the mornings.
So at least all is not lost with this product.





I have thick hair so I bought this thinking if I just add this to my roots around my crown it might give me a little bit of volume there.................nope.............epic fail!!!!!
I wasn't asking for much maybe just a little lift but no, it just left my roots feeling.....how can I explain it, a little dirty and slightly brittle (if that makes any sense)
I get more volume from a few squirts of dry shampoo compared to this.
So for me another fail, maybe if you've got fine it may well work but I've always found these type of "volume" product rarely work for me.


So that's about if for my disappointing products from recently
I'm sure I could of put quite a few mascaras in there but there would of been far too many to list,
I gave most of them to my Daughter, also I have lost track and cant remember which ones were the worst....he......he......










8 comments:

  1. What a shame that the Volume spray didn't work well, I've just bought the shampoo and conditioner so fingers crossed they work better! :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may well work just fine, I think you have got a better chance with the shampoo & conditioner than the spray but then again what works for one may not work for the other. Its all just trial and error in the end isn't it :) I will have my fingers crossed for you, let me know how you get on xx

      Delete
  2. I often use the Dermalogica pre-cleanse which I love but to be honest it's just a way of getting us to buy another product, do we really need a cleanser before a cleanser, could we not just double cleanse like I do on my clients?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I'm just going to stick to the occasional double cleanse. I think I spend enough on skincare as it lol xx

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the honest reviews - I agree with Sharron's comments about pre-cleansers. Have never found them to be any use. Great you found another use for the product x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall never buy another one again, I shall put the money towards a moisturiser instead :) xx

      Delete
  4. What a shame Gail - I never pre-cleanse - just do a double as Sharron suggests if I've worn loads of make-up. I think there are specific root lift sprays that may well work for you - I've just bought one from Dove so will see how I go! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will have to let me know how it goes Jenny xx

      Delete

So to all my lovely readers now and future, Thank you for taking the time to comment, I love reading them all xx