Friday, 8 May 2015

Gingham style



Although my blog is predominately beauty with touches of women's fashion thrown in occasionally, I was recently offered this opportunity. I was asked if I was interested in doing a collaboration with House of Fraser who are the title sponsor for the British Academy Television Awards, which is on this Sunday. So I thought why not, I like a change and a challenge, I think it does you good occasionally to mix things up and keep things fresh. 

This is my youngest son and he has helped me style this as I wanted it to be young and mainly his style choices. Here is his red carpet look.





He chose this smart but casual gingham Tommy Hilfiger* shirt, which he paired with his own trouser, waistcoat and tie.


You can check out House of Fraser's other formal shirts here






I spent quite a while going through previous menswear red carpet looks and I must say I'm glad I'm not a man, the majority of the suits/tuxedos are very plain and traditional. I'm not a massive fan of dicky bow ties either.

Although Chris Pine does look rather dashing in his tux.


But I think personally I prefer it with a tie like this one from Zac Efron.





I also think colour works wonders, as worn here by the very handsome Chris Hemsworth. I love this even with a dicky bow!!




But I must say I am a bit of a sucker for waistcoat's!! To me they just complete an outfit whether it be a suit or something more casual and I think nobody does it better then David Gandy



I may be just slightly biased........but I still think my son looks the best........ :) even with the photo bomber



Will you be watching the British Academy Television Awards on Sunday? I will be and I will be keeping my fingers crossed for Sheridan Smith (Cilla) and also Benedict Cumberbatch.

You can keep up to date with all the happening, fashion and behind the scenes action in the run up to the awards and on the night on the House of Fraser's BAFTAs page here





(*) indicates gifted product


6 comments:

  1. I agree, I love a man in a waistcoat, especially when dressed down & worn with jeans! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree they look particulary good with jeans xx

      Delete
  2. What a handsome young men your son is! And he looks very smart indeed! I agree with you on David Gandy, he looks great in all the photos :) x

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dagmara I think so too :)

      Delete
  3. Your son looks fab Gail and I hope your doggie is back to full health:)
    ~Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne x she at the vets tomorrow for another blood test so Im keeping my fingers crossed xx

      Delete

So to all my lovely readers now and future, Thank you for taking the time to comment, I love reading them all xx